This site provides you with the information about pendant, diamond pendant, gold, silver, white gold, platinum, wedding pendant, amber pendant, bead pendant, butterfly pendant, chanel pendant, cross pendant, crystal pendant, emerald pendant, gemstone pendant, heart pendant, jade pendant, pearl pendant, ruby pendant, sapphire pendant, titanium pendant, and more.
A pendant (from Old French) is a hanging object, generally attached to a necklace or an earring. In modern French this is a the gerund form of "hanging" (also meaning "during"). Pendants can have several functions:
2. identification (i.e. religious symbols, sexual symbols, symbols of rock bands)
3. protection (i.e. amulets, religious symbols)
4. self-affirmation (i.e. initials, names)
5. ostentation (i.e. jewels).
6. award (i.e Scouting Ireland Chief Scout's Award, Order of C¨²Chulainn)
These above purposes can be combined (i.e. a richly jewelled symbol).